May 3, 2021 In Reflexiones
5 habits to build a fuller life
I share with you five habits that have helped me build a fuller life. Through effort and prioritization, I have managed to instill them in my life and these, in turn, have helped me to be better with myself and my environment. This is how I have managed to get closer to what I understand as bienveillance or the good life. Getting quality time with you will change everything in your life.
Today I share my life between raising my daughter Maore and running my business, the Tidore universe, in which I want her to grow up. This universe includes healthy eating, mindful living with mindfulness and contact with nature.
It’s not easy, but I am careful to preserve my own balance, especially in this day and age, with a few simple rules:
- Every day, I set aside time to exercise and/or do my yoga and meditation practice, so that I can feel good and not get carried away by the stress of the situation we find ourselves in.
- I reserve time to share it with my family and friends as much as possible, around a table or in the middle of nature.
- Although I have little free time, I eat well and set aside time to cook and make sure that the food that arrives at home is of good quality, a diet with superfoods and of close origin. In the confinement we made a vegetable garden, which Jon, my husband, takes care of most of the time, and for the last month we have had 12 chickens.
- I try to read almost every day, even if it’s only 15 minutes.
- I am attentive to my emotions, and from time to time I don’t give up small pleasures, a glass of wine or a Tidore Food cookie.
There is no perfect formula for life, but practicing “bienveillance”, as the French say, is a long-term project, with an immense challenge, as arduous as it is liberating, that helps you build habits for a fuller life full of well-being.
Have you set up a routine that allows you to have quality time for yourself? That’s how you’ll find it easier to be at ease with everyone else.
Happy beginning of May,